Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Persistence Pays

She was a widow.

He was a hard judge.

She kept coming to him begging for justice

He kept turning her away

Until 1 day. 1 day everything changed. He was so tired of her bothering him he gave her justice. He granted her request. He didn't care about God, he didn't care about people, he just wanted her to stop bothering him.

How much more will God give us good gifts than even the unjust judges of the world...

"Listen to what the unjust judge says. Will not God bring about justice for His chosen ones, who cry out to Him day and night? Will He keep putting them off? I tell you, He will see that they get justice, and quickly." Luke 18:1-8

Persistence pays. God wants us to keep asking, to keep pushing, to keep believing. He's looking for our hearts. He's wanting our faith. He is guiding and teaching through every trial, every thing we come up against I have to believe is meant to grow our faith and bring us closer to Him. Otherwise what's it all for.

I want Jesus to find faith in me. I want to be known as someone who follows hard after Him no matter what. Not someone who gets freaked out by every little thing that is meant to derail me. I want my words to be sweet, my life to reflect God in every aspect. I want to trust above all else that God does hear me, that He does see me and He is fixing my heart as well as my health...because persistence pays.

"However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" Luke 8:8


No comments: