Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Fully Committed?

He talked about commitment on a Sunday.

He spoke directly to me. No matter that there were probably 60 other people in the room.

I leaned close and I listened.

The moment was holy. Sacred. Real.

It was for me.

I remember the exact moment I pulled back. I was in my kitchen, crying out to God with all my heart to save my friends and their marriage. To rebuke the devil that entered their life. To save our friendship.

He didn't answer, and we went to Church that Sunday and it was announced he was stepping down, she had run away and everything seemed foreign. My whole world had changed. It was then, I started doubting God and how far He would actually go to answer me. Would he really sweep low and lean into me? Maybe not, after all.

That was 4? years ago? Everything is different now. My heart has been through it. Satan has been brutal and I've been anything but on fire for God.

But then he talked to me about commitment on a Sunday, and I heard Him. My heart opened up, tears streamed down my face and I can see again. I can see the mercy that has so desperately chased me down the last 4 or 5 years.

My body is broken, I walk with a cane, physically I am a mess, but my Spirit is alive.

I see you God.

Amazing Grace. How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost. But now I'm found. I am committed. I am all in.

No comments: