Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Tithe Jar

We don't have a home church anymore...and last night was my first panic attack regarding this subject...I have cried so hard I've almost hyperventilated but last night was the first time I litterally couldn't breath...the walls were closing in on me...

Too often I think, I can do this myself I don't need to rely on anyone. I don't need to open up, it's my cross to bear I don't want to burden anyone else with my drama but last night I couldn't help but fall into my husbands arms and just sob...

All the worries, all the fears, all the anxiety, not to mention the ministry I started there and the money I was getting from a job there all of it just came to the surface and over-flowed. One of my biggest worries?

Tithing...

God has proved Himself faithful time and time again, when we tithe He provides. I have seen COUNTLESS financial miracles, not only in my life but the lives of friends and family alike...how in the world were we going to make it through this without tithing!

I'm so thankful for my husband, he is much wiser than I give him credit for and I think he's much closer to God than he even realizes because what he suggested could have only come from God to calm my aching heart.

A tithe jar

Every paycheck we'll put 10% and perhaps a little more in a jar and keep it, it's God's money it's already spoken for and when the time comes that He reveals our next move then we give the money accordingly, whether it's a new Church or someone He needs us to bless, it's His money and we will remain faithful through this period of waiting..

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14

 
 
I trust you Father, during this period of waiting, I trust you and I will serve you no matter what the future holds. You are MY God and nothing can or ever will change that...thank You Lord for strengthening my faith at the moment I would need it the most. Thank You for calming my heart last night, and thank You that I thought to pray through my panic...this year has been hard God but oh Lord you have been with me through it every step of the way and I will ever praise you!!

3 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

Great idea, though your church misses you.

Debi said...

It IS a great idea...and YES, your church family misses you...I miss you!!!

Mandy said...

I'm not dead if you guys want to talk to me I'm still here text me, call me, invite me over lets do lunch, dinner, breakfast, brunch, snack time... I'm still very much here and you can still very much talk to me.

I'm not dead.