Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Why?

I was baptized and accepted Jesus at 15..the first time...and during that time I almost thought it was a sin to ask questions...about God, or to God it didn't matter you weren't supposed to ask questions...of course this was not actually ever spoken but somewhere along the road i got it in my head questions were bad so eventually I fell away. The second time He called me, about 3 years ago I was FULL of questions! I wanted to know, I was hungry to know anything God would tell me I needed to know and through His people He showed me some truly amazing things..

3 years later I find the questions have stopped and I wonder why? A lot of life has happened in the past 3 years...I have TONS of questions but I wonder if these kinds of questions would upset God? Make Him mad at me...

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you...."

I can't help but think about that scripture...before I was even thought of He knew me...He knows all about me...He knows the questions I have, He knows my heart's deepest desire...He knows...so why don't I just ask...

I strongly and deeply believe it is ok to ask questions, to God and about God...I believe He wants us to be real and if we're sitting in a pew on Sunday morning being told to just trust Him but secretly thinking to ourselves "but I still have so many questions..." then it's fake and I think it hurts our relationship with God when we are fake...

Solomon asked for wisdom...and God gave him the world...how much more do you think He will give you when you open your heart and finally be truthful about the things you want to know about...

Am I going to be fat forever God? I've tried and tried and still nothing is working...
Am I really a terrible person God? I left my church, they all think I'm terrible we can't both be right but they are strong in thinking I'm wrong so why did you tell me to leave?
What am I waiting for God? You told me to wait, why?
I see my sin God, it's blaring me in the face...do you see it?
Who am I?
Who am I, to You?
Everone leaves God, are you going to leave too next time I mess up...?

The questions He doesn't answer are the one's you don't need to know right now but the questions He does, treasure them...and if He seems silent now keep asking..He just wants to know how bad you want the answers...ask and don't doubt.

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and
unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3
 
 
When you ask the question, cherish the answer because you will recieve more than you ever bargained for...a deeper more meaningful relationship with your Father in Heaven..

No comments: