I've heard a lot of people lately say they don't have time to worship, they think worship goes too long on Sundays, they don't like the worship songs chosen, they get distracted when they sit in God's presence for any length of time. I've heard people complain time and time again. I am starting to wonder how these people are going to do in Heaven where it's a 24 hour worship service 7 days a week or however time is measured there.
While I don't believe God expects us on our knees all day every day lifting our hands, I do believe he wants our life and everything in it. He wants us to live a life of worship in our every day diaper changing, house cleaning, job going lives.
When I look back to how things used to be I can see I was much more worshipful when I was working because it was a brainless job and I could listen to as much worship music as I wanted in my headphones. Temptation lies waiting around every corner at home and oh yeah there's a 2 and 3 year old itching for my time now.
So if you're one of those people thinking you don't have the "time" to worship let me share with you what I've learned..
For the stay at home Christian
1) Post Bible verses everywhere. We have one on our fridge, I have one on my bedroom mirror and I am working on our home school room and I'm posting one or two in there.
2) Keep your Bible where you can see it, bring it out of that nightstand drawer, put it on a shelf where you're sure to see it all day every day. Let God be with you during your day.
3) Listen to a couple praise songs in the morning just to get your day started off right. I have Christian radio playing in our bedroom so the worship/praise songs are always going upstairs ~ it also keeps the kids and I from having nightmares.
4) When you are doing chores for the 13th time in one day pray for the people in your household. Ask God to share something special with them, ask Him for their protection.
5) Quiet times are so important!! I can not stress this enough. Depending on how much time you have whether it be during breakfast time or nap time or even a break at work take out your Bible and read a chapter or two, it's so so so important to stay in the Word. Our Spirit needs that nourishment.
6)Thank God for the sunrise when you wake up in the morning and the moonlight when you go to sleep.
Worshiping God isn't just when you're on your knees, hands raised in the air or nose to the carpet, it's also how you live your life every day, every moment. What you do matters to God, is your job bringing glory to Him? Is your home life bringing glory to Him. If your heart is right, everything else will fall into line with God without you even trying.
How do you give God glory in your every day life? I'll be talking about being a Christian in the work-force tomorrow.