Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Job

Today I finally finished the book of Job. I say finally because I was getting a little bored with page after page of his grumbling and complaining.

I really enjoyed this book though because things were so so bad for Job but God came through in the end and fixed things even better than they were before.

I think we are all a little like Job in a way. I say this because a lot of times we ask why. I have done that a lot. I ask God why are we going through this, why do we have to live where we live, why did this happen or why did that happen. I feel like I have to know every detail of the reason why we're on the journey we are on. But I don't, it's not for me to know. God knows His plans He will lead me and teach me as I come in to line with them.

After I read Job I got to thinking and God crept in.

Who are we to ask God why He does the things He does, or why He lets certain things happen. Who are we? He is God, He made Heaven and earth. He made everything. He does everything in His own time. He will move when He wants to move, He will be still when He wants to be still. We should trust Him to take care of us, to come through for us when we need Him. He wants us to pray and come to Him with everything but He wants us to trust that after He hears our prayers, He will act. But if He doesn't then there's a reason, a lesson He is teaching us and we should praise Him and worship Him even more that He would care enough to teach us. (He will even provide things that we didn't know we needed until they arrive!)

It's a relationship, the more you get to know Him, the more you will trust Him. I think it takes practice. I know it's definitley a choice I have to make every day. But I figure if Jesus did it, then so can I.

My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.
Job 42:5-6

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading your perspective on things. You're right - who are we to question God. We just need to praise and obey.

Jenifer Metzger said...

Amen! We have no reason to question the God of the universe. He knows what He is doing. He created this world and every living thing. He knows our needs before we do and He already knows when and how they will be met. Thank you for this!