Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Get Real

Yesterday at Church someone shared what God had put on her heart about not hiding from the world. Some Christians feel like we have to hide from the world so as not to offend others. I think this happens between other Christians too. We feel like we have to have the perfect life. The perfect house, the perfect kids, the perfect walk with God. If we don't have a perfect walk then we feel judged ~ maybe this is just me~

After worship the Lord spoke through another woman and said "take off your masks, get real if you want more of me.:

Friday I had the opportunity to tell someone about God. I didn't know what to say, there were no miraculous messeges that came from Heaven. So I just sympathized, I agreed with her. I was worried about making her mad with what I've learned so far in my walk, and what the Bible says about what she's going through. (She's a Christian so she should already know)

After this encounter I've been feeling angry, out of touch, alone, distracted and a whole list of other emotions. This morning I took it all to God. I just admitted to Him that I have no idea what I'm doing. I have no idea how to pray or what He wants me to pray, I don't have the perfect words. But what I do know is I need more. I need more of His love, power encouragement. Just more of God so I can learn. I'm desperate to learn. I'm never giving up.

As I prayed, I felt God take me by the hand and I heard Him say He'd help me. After my walk, one of my sweet sisters texted me and I believe that was God showing me further that I'm not in this alone.

I'm not perfect, I don't have all the answers when someone comes to me with a problem, but what I do know without a doubt in my heart is my God is still on the throne. He's still working and if we wait on Him and listen, He WILL show us the way. He will teach us how to move foward through the muck life throws at us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this! You are not alone, it's all part of the growing process. Sometimes there are pains that come with growth, but we need to just press into God. He is walking with us all the way. Love ya!

Jenifer Metzger said...

Amen, amen! Thank you for this!