Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Be joyful always

I'm so filled with a hunger for more of God, I believe that is why my family is facing all of these obsticles. Yesterday was one of those days where you just want to crawl in a hole until the battle is over. I got through the day fine and on our way home one thing after another started to irritate me. A local highschool closed down the whole road for a parade that goes right by our house, my husband wasn't paying attention to his driving, the kids were screaming and as for me I was just MAD.

I don't really know where the anger came from, all I know is that Satan had succeeded for the moment in stealing my joy. God has been dealing with two of my sisters and myself about joy latley. We let our situations overcome our joy for the moment but God restores us in the next moment.

Last night I went to bed full of Joy, I had a talk with one of my sweet sisters on the way home from Church and she told me "Things are bad but God is good!"

No matter what we're going through, God is still with us, still rooting for us. He wants us to succeed. He's on OUR side. Just with those 6 words she spoke, the spiritual attack ended. I had my joy back.

This morning I woke up and immediatley things started going wrong, I received some news that was none too pleasing before 6:00, and my husband started in on me about something that I had no control over at 6:00 in the morning as I had just woken up. Satan was working at stealing my joy AGAIN and I wasn't even hardly awake!

I fought back, I called my parents, they came through for us and everything worked out. I have my joy and I'm keeping it so back off Satan!

Thank you God for this day, thank you God for my parents, thank you God for my sweet sisters, Thank you God for restoring my joy!

Be joyful always; pray continually; give things in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

3 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

Amen! Despite our circumstance, we can still find joy in just knowing God.

Debi said...

The JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH!!! I try to keep the joy no matter what the circumstances but Satan knows all the right buttons to push...and push them he does! Well, he can push till his fingers bleed...I'm still gonna praise my Lord & Savior, Jesus!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh boy! Satan is in for a fight today! He's making me mad! So I'm going to praise God even more! Thanks for reminding me, Mandy - things are bad, but God is good!!!!!