It is my experience through my past and things that I've been through that if I have an oppinion about anything then I'm not friend worthy. If I think differently, act differently or appear different then I can not possibly deserve a friend. I have lived with the lie through the years that I have to like the exact same things, think the exact same way and act the exact same way as any "friend" who just happens to choose me. I have lived in the corner all my life feeling like I'm just waiting for someone to notice me and find me worthy enough to speak to...but I'm learning these things are lies. They are not healthy and they have caused a lot of damage to my heart.
I have found true friends, real friends. Friends that actually like talking to me and actually value my oppinion. These friends didn't find me on their own and I didn't find them on my own. There was nothing I did to gain their friendship or their trust. I'm an introvert, hiding in the corner secretly praying someone would notice me. God has answered that prayer and today I'm thankful for my friends. I would like you to meet them too, through their blogs. God saw how lonley I was those many years ago and I believe in His compassion He creates friends that suit each of us perfectly. If you're lonley today ask God to bring you a friend, someone that will encourage you, someone that will pray for you. Someone that will love you just the way you are even when you're "different". He's just waiting for you to ask.
Continuing to count my blessings today I'm thankful for
22) My friend, Lisa from A moment with God. God brought us together and she is by far the best friend I've ever had. She prays for me, and encourages me. Her faith inspires me to dig deeper into God and her love for her family inspires me to get closer to mine. She's an amazing worship leader and some day I hope to have her boldness and confidence *even if she doesn't see it herself ~ smiles*
23) My friend, Jenifer from Sweet Blessings. God brought us together as well and as our friendship grows she is becoming one of my best friends as well. She prays for me and encourages me ever day to go further in my walk with God. I miss her and her family since they Church planted somewhere else but we still talk daily and I think our friendship is as strong as ever.
24) Work for my husband for another day
25) cuddles with my daughter before we start our day
26) an unexpected blessing after recieving my w2 last night
27) My new friend Phil Malmstrom and the encouragement I recieve from his blog and my friend Richard also my Pastor, also Lisa's husband. Two men that have shown me not all men are bad and if they are following God can be so so so encouraging and not scary at all. Two men in my life that are close friends that have shown me it's ok to trust and talk to male friends when it's a healthy friendship.
28) A trip to my husband's home town to say our goodbyes to his grandpa who passed away last wednesday.
29) Finding out through his funeral just how faithful and on fire for Jesus grandpa was, and knowing without a doubt he's in Heaven dancing with Jesus now healthy and onery as ever.
30) God's hand on my grandma while my grandpa is in the hospital
31) My sister and her mama bear protective instincts
32) Falling in love with my husband more and more every day and the boldness he's gaining from working with a Pastor every day
I know 3 of my friends will read this so I just want to say thank you to each of you I love you so much and I pray God grows our friendship even more in this new year.