Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

You're beautiful

I have a confession...

In the mornings when I'm getting ready for work or bed in the evenings, my husband will come up behind me (usually scaring the living daylights out of me, he gets a kick out of scaring me haha) and whisper in my ear "you're beautiful". That's not my confession...

My confession is, when he says this I usually pull away from him and push him away and scoff at him "oh please". Today as I was thinking and as God whispered in my heart I started wondering,  how often do I do that with God. He will come up behind me, wrap His kind and loving arms around me and whisper "you're beautiful to me".

If we only knew, if we could only understand just how much He loves us. There's nothing better than being wrapped in our father's kind and loving embrace!

I love this song, Beautiful by Mercy Me and wanted to share it with you!
and p.s. I'm trying to do better with my husband ;-)

3 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

I love this! How true! We are beautiful because we are made in His image. And we are beautiful to our husbands. Thank you so much for sharing! And btw, you are a beautiful woman!

Unknown said...

I was just telling my daughter that she needs to see herself through God's eyes. The same is true for me. God made me and loves me just the way I am. I am beautiful to Him.

Debbie Dillon said...

Absolutely true, and a great analogy. Enjoyed my visit to your blog - keep up the great work!

Blessings :)