Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A child's innocence

We could learn a lot from our kids. I have two toddlers. Abbie will be 3 at the end of March and Shayne will be 2 at the end of April. I can see God so clearly working on my family through them. Teaching and guiding.

When my daughter asks for a hug or kiss or even a cup of water, she just asks. She doesn't care what I'm doing at that second. She knows I will stop whatever I'm doing to focus on her and her needs.
Our Heavenly father tells us whatever we ask for according to His good and perfect will, will be given to us.

When my son wants to cuddle instead of play, when he just wants to curl up on my lap. He knows I will welcome him with open arms no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing.
Our Heavenly father tells us we can take refuge in Him. He is our protector. If we draw close to Him, He will draw close to us.

When my kids fall and scrape their knee, they come running to my husband or I to make it all better. Whether it be a kiss or a bandade, I will do my best to make the hurt go away.
Our Heavenly father NEVER brings pain and suffering. He WANTS us to live and thrive and be happy. We live in a fallen world so sometimes hurt happens. When the world hurts us or when we are sick and need healing. He will take our pain away in His perfect timing and for His glory. We only have to ask and then trust.

My daughter sings Jesus Loves Me over and over (just those 3 words) with heart abandoned at the top of her lungs and is so proud of herself as my son claps and dances to her song. She asks, begs almost, to go see Jesus at Jesus's house daily. (I had to tell her we were going to Jesus's house one Sunday morning so she would get up and get dressed for me, and she's never forgotten it)

We should sing to Jesus, hearts abandoned as loud as we can and not care what the world thinks because the truth is, He does love us, and He wants us to come to His house.

I believe we each have a gaurdian angel with us. Someone to watch over us, protect us. Ours just happens to be named "Dirty" and apparently, according to my kids, he's hilarious. I won't discourage them, because frankly I like knowing God and His angels are watching and protecting. I love knowing He has His firm yet gentle hand on our family, guiding us through our lives.

He called a little child to Him and said "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 18:2-4

Jesus calls a little child to Him, can you picture a little one toddling comfidently up to the Savior...I can..and I want to be just like that. Humble, and completley trusting in Him



3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for this wonderful picture of our heavenly Father.

Jenifer Metzger said...

What a precious story. I just love your sweet babies!

Kelli said...

Your little ones are so precious! I have three small girls and they teach me so much about a Father child relationship. I try and show them mercy just like my Jesus has shown to me. Just like your children, we can interrupt God at any moment...He is always there to listen. I like this "Our Heavenly father tells us we can take refuge in Him. He is our protector. If we draw close to Him, He will draw close to us." Great words this morning!
P.S. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog...nice to be noticed by you!