Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Salt

Let your conversations always be full of grace, seasoned with salt,
so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians 4:6

Latley, more and more the passion for witnessing has been rising up in me. I want..no I NEED everyone to know the love of God.

Who are we to pick and choose who stays and who goes? Jesus paid much to high a price for us to not be telling people about Him.

I think this witnessing thing is a work in progress though because I feel so inadequate. So anyway I try to ask God what He wants me to say if someone new comes up to me (most of the time I fail) but I believe my day (starting at home) is full of divine appointments.

During my reading time today I found this:

The art of seasoning is a matter of balance. Just enough salt to notice but not to much to overwhelm. Salt creates a thirst, a desire for more. As Christians we (should) sprinkle the salt of God's grace and gospel into our daily conversations. We don't saturate every conversation in a way that drives others away. The artful seasoning of God's loving grace into our conversations will create a thirst, a desire in the lives of others. They will long to know more of Jesus.

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2

I believe God puts people in our day to day lives so we can shine our light. It doesn't have to be while we are out doing things, maybe it's in the comforts of our own home. If we have a spouse or family member that's not saved or children we're trying to teach who God is. Be watchful, He gives us opportunities to show them who God is. Be gentle, a little salt is all you need.

Too many people have no idea of the good news and love of Jesus so shine your light! Let it start at home.

1 comment:

Jenifer Metzger said...

I believe God gives us divine appointments each day. We just have to be looking for them then follow through. And it does not always have to be a big sermon. Like you said, a little salt goes a long way. Thank you for posting!