Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pearls

Have you ever looked up the world Love in your concordance? There's hundreds of scripture on just how much God loves us.

I was listening to a teaching on CD the other day and even if I remember nothing else, this one parable the teacher used stuck in my head.

The Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When He found one of great value, He went away and sold everything He had and bought it. Matthew 13:45

I just absolutley LOVE that! We, with all of our imperfections, with all of our issues, are the pearls. We are beautiful and priceless to God. He gave "everything He had" to buy (save) us!

I don't think of myself as a pearl. Most of the time I think of myself as a dud. One that should get thrown back in the ocean.

But here's the thing...God ~ the God of the Universe, creater of all the Heavens and the earth ~ well He doesn't make mistakes.

I've been running this parable over and over in my head so I don't forget. It's so easy to listen to that voice that says I'm unworthy...I'm not the pearl.

His love never fails, His love never ends. His love surpasses all understanding. His love is forever. The Lord looks at the heart, He doesn't care about superficial things.

For God so loved the world (us) He gave his only son to save us. John 3:16

He created us to stand out, to make a difference. We are fine pearls meant to shine.

Fear not, I have redeemed you. I have called you by name; you are Mine.
Isaiah 43:1
...Since you are precious and honored in My sight and because I love you...
Isaiah 43:4

Everything He does is because He loves us. We are beautiful to God. He will take care of us, no matter what that nasty devil throws at us. We are God's pearls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God made us, He loves us and He desires to use us. As crazy as that all seems, it's true!!!

Jenifer Metzger said...

We are beautiful to God. We are a treasure to God. Thank you for posting this reminder!