Pages

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Take Courage

I saw this picture yesterday on Facebook and God reminded me that while He protects us, courage is a choice.

There are many times I've let fear win on this journey if health. Every time a new joint hurts, everytime I have to stand, everytime I wake up not knowing how I'll feel, everytime I've lost a friend because I'm in pain or can't join in on something.

I let fear wash over me and can't breathe. The what-ifs overtake me and in the midst, I hear God say fear not, but I ignore Him, I'm in too deep.

Courage is a choice. Especially in this day. Especially with how the world is getting worse. Are we as God's children going to allow fear a foothold or are we going to stand up and say "NO! I will take courage this day. I will praise God this day. He's good and still reigns in His children."

"Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you.”
Isaiah 35:4

"This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9"

Take courage dear heart. The Lord fights FOR us in ways we can't even fathom. One day this world will fade, but until that day come take comfort, He's for you. He's with you. He still has you in His hands.

No comments: