Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ABCJLM and other Ideas

No, I didn't forget how to say my ABC's (smiles) ABC Jesus Loves Me is an awesome website that I've been getting ideas from. It's a Christian Bible Curriculum for 2, 3 and 4 year olds. They have all sorts of fun and exciting printables as well as week by week lesson plans and a list of all materials you will need for each week. The best part of this website...it's FREE! Can't beat free can you.

I've been researching and printing like a crazy person, while I'm not using this website for everything, I am using some ideas from it.

(I'm not getting paid or was I asked to endorce any of these websites,
it's just my personal oppinion that I wanted to share with you today)

The other websites I've been looking at for ideas are:

Tot School 1+1+=1 They have some really cool printables.

Confessions of a Homeschooler - This site does a letter of the week and all the things you can do with that letter, she also has TONS of printables.

A kids heart I don't believe this is a homeschool website but they have tons of Bible Verse pages you can print and the kids can color.

Right now my husband and I don't have the money to buy actual curriculum. My children are still young so if you're like my family and don't have a lot of money, anything you have in your house can be used as a learning tool, that's mostly what I've been researching about. I also visited our USToy Store where they have TONS of learning toys that are awesome for young kids. I'm so excited to start school with my kids. I've been keeping all of the toys and things secret from them so it's new and fresh when we start. Their attention span is so short that if they saw the toys now, they would be bored with them by the time we started.

Here are some more pictures of our school room!

This is our play area. I got these blocks from my parents house, they were mine and my sister's when we were young and probably haven't been seen in YEARS, so my husband and I hosed and bleached them and set them up like new. They have little compartments in them where I've put some of the toys.

The stacked blocks you see have numbers on one side, and pictures on the other side that coorespond with the number and on another side it has a shape cut into it so the kids are learning numbers and shapes it goes from 1-5.

In the B cube I have huge blocks that the kids will learn matching, sorting colors, and counting.
On top of the A are apples I made. I'm so excited about them. They are numbered 1-10 and they are made out of felt. I will share the directions on how to make them and a close-up picture next week.

I'm so excited about the tree haha. It's made out of construction paper. No glueing or cutting, it's held up with a type of puddy thing we got from Walmart that comes in sticks and you just tear off and stick. These walls are cement and this tree is heavy, the puddy peices are holding really well. The paper is held together with scotch tape, it's the only thing I felt comfortable enough that would hold because the paper is heavy all put together.

I just made the green part on my kitchen table where I put green construction paper out and overlapped each piece of paper until it made a circle, I think there's about 15-20 sheets of paper to make this part.

The brown part is also really easy I first posted the green part and then, posted brown sheets all the way to the floor, again no cutting and each sheet is overlapped a little.

The tree will have apple cut-outs on it numbered 1-20 and each week we finish a letter I will have a foam cut-out of the letter the kids will hang on the tree. I plan on making this whole wall an out door scene the kids will create themselves (of course with my help) We will have a sunshine, flowers, a pond with fish in it, bugs, birds, and anything else we can think of. By the end of our "school year" we should have the whole wall covered. it's not a huge wall, but it sure is exciting!

This is their work table. My husband found it on the side of the road, someone was throwing it away! We hosed it down, bleached it and set it up, it's the perfect fit. It is glass top, so I put white construction paper on it that way when we use glue, crayons, markers it won't get on the glass. The chairs we got from a garage sale. They came with a small round Dora table, that we will bring down if the kids have issues sitting together. They are young so anything can happen (smiles)



As always, if you have any questions about what you see here, you are welcome to email me at mandysnyder2@yahoo.com.

7 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

Your school room looks great! Great ideas!

Unknown said...

Your school room looks great and is proof that you don't need to have a lot of money to make something great. Your creativity inspires me. :)

Heidi said...

Mandy, it looks like you are setup and ready to go! Your room looks great... you've put a lot of love in there and I can't wait to hear how it's going for you! We're on day 2 here and it's going well so far :)

Faith Confessions said...

Thank you so much for the ideas! Braeden will be 1 in just over a week and I am now realizing we could even use some structured time to learn now. I think he gets frustrated when he does not have it with me. I can not wait to check out the sites!

Kelli said...

Love your super cute school room! It makes it so much easaier to homeschool when you have your own little space!:) Praying for your year!

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

It all looks wonderful Mandy! I've no doubt the children will have a wonderful, fun, learning-filled year. :-)

Have a Blessed Day!

Kim said...

You did an EXCELLENT job, Mandy!