Hello bloggy friends, it's been a while since I've written. I've been dealing with a sick boy. He's doing better, we finally figured out what was wrong with him and he's on his way back to being that healthy bouncing boy we love so much.
So I had a blog all written out for today, I've been so busy at work though that I haven't actually gotten a chance to type it out on here...as I was getting ready to type it something popped in to my head...
Yesterday (1/3/11) was exactly a month since my husband's accident. I can't believe how much time has flown! It seems like only yesterday I got a call from the MP's telling me that my husband that I hold so dearly had fallen off a roof and they weren't sure if he was going to be able to walk. Every day there is a different emotion that hits me square in the face but I'm learning to push through them and persevere, after all I am God's girl and there's nothing too big for Him to handle. Today we have several things to praise God for..here are just a few...
1) My husband can take his own shower, Praise God he can stand up for that long without that trusty brace to hold him up and he can actually get himself clean without my standing over him asking if he needs help.
2) He can put his own socks and shoes on, Praise God!
3) He has learned to adapt and can now play with the kids while sitting or kneeling on the floor for a few minutes at a time, he can also help me get them to bed and get them dressed in the mornings and at night, Praise God!!
4) My children have gotten in to a certain routine, they know daddy is hurt but he's still the same daddy he was before and he still loves them and will cuddle and play when they want him to.
5) I got to hug my husband without that chunk of metal between us last night before he put the brace back on after his shower.
6) He's reading his Bible and even suggested we bless some oil to annoint our son when he was sick...(I guess this should have been first but these are in no particular order here lol)
7) We started getting his work comp checks, however small they may be, they are still income that helps with bills God ALWAYS provides!
8) He went to the grocery store with me the other night and walked around without getting too tired, we were there for an hour!
As far as his injuries go, he got xrays a few weeks ago to see how the brace was working and it turns out he has a few fractures in his discs between the vertebrae and we found out that as he fell his ankle was dislocated but popped back into place sometime after landing..God did that so he wouldn't be in a wheel chair during recovery. He wakes up stiff and in pain in the mornings but he never loses his smile, he never loses that charm I love so much. God continues to work and we continue to hold on for the ride.
p.s. I almost forgot, if you're new to my blog and want to read about what happened just go here.