Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Tears of my heart

When I first turned back to God I would cry over everything! For the first few months anytime I would hear something about God's love or provision or protection the tears would flow once again. I wouldn't be able to stop them, after a while I would get irritated and pray "geez God not more tears, I'm tired of crying!"

As I've grown closer to God He's been talking to me about why I had sooo many tears to shed in the beginning. My heart was so hard and closed off that everytime my heart even opened a little, God would slip in some love which would make me cry.

It's amazing to me now how much I didn't even notice the hardness, the walls I had built up. The tears have slowed down latley but when I get in His prescence  and feel His loving arms around me the tears start again. There's nothing in this world better than God's love.

Now when I cry I praise God even more. He's touching my heart with love.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me. Revelation 3:20

That invitation is not just for the unbelievers, it's for everyone - we all have peices of our heart that need some mending. God is not pushy though, He takes it one step at a time and waits until your heart is in a position to accept the love.

When you cry over something you read or hear and it teaches you something about God, praise Him because your heart opened and God was able to do some work and He spoke a little love in to your life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! I think we all have hard places in our heart that need the warm touch of God.

Jenifer Metzger said...

That is so beautiful! I love when you said, "My heart was so hard and closed off that everytime my heart even opened a little, God would slip in some love which would make me cry." God's love is so wonderful and precious that yes, it does draw us to tears sometimes.

Alida Sharp said...

The church I grew up in had a sign at the back that said 'Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God.'

Thank you for spurring on that memory in me.

Joy & blessings,
Alida

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

We all have places in our heart that need God's healing touch, and tears are just one sign that he's found one of those spots. I'm so happy that you've been able to open pieces of your heart and allow His Love in! Thank you for this post, and have a Blessed Day!

Heidi said...

Oh, this so ministers to me today. On Christmas Eve my husband and I had a disagreement... the same one we've had over and over and by the time we got to the Christmas Eve service I was closed up and hardened. But when we started to sing those Christmas songs I'd get 4 or 5 words in and I would choke up. I couldn't sing for fighting back the tears. I felt embraced by God. Softened by His touch. And I was gently reminded (again) that it's only about Him. Thank you for this, I feel like He is speaking right to me through your words!!!

Kelli said...

"I get in His prescence and feel His loving arms around me the tears start again." I get so emotional when I talk to God too. I really love this post. Its encouraging to know that Im not the only one who gets emotional! Hope you had a great day!;)

Debi said...

I love this. I have never been much of a 'cryer.' In my many years as a Christian, I would get a little irritated at some of the other people at the altar who would cry ALL the time. Then, I began to think maybe something was wrong with me...why didn't I feel the presence of God enough to cry? One day, God revealed to me that I am just not a cryer...I still feel His presence and that presence overwhelms me...once in a while I will boo-hoo like a baby, but mostly I just stand in the warmth of His glow! Now, I LOVE to cry...when God moves me to. I thank Him for the tears that flow even if they are on the inside. Thanks for this gentle post!